Purchasing Alcatraz Tickets
The two most important things that you need to know about Alcatraz tickets are:
- One, they sell out quickly! This is San Francisco's most popular tourist attraction, and you will definitely need to plan ahead if this is something that you want to see!
- Two, the best place to buy them from is through the official Alcatraz Tour Company, Alcatraz Cruises.
There are a couple of reasons for this...
Other companies buy tickets from Alcatraz Cruises, and then re-sell them to you at a higher price. They are just middle men; don't let them waste your money!
Secondly, no other tours will actually stop on the island. Some include Alcatraz as part of their touring itinerary, but they will just circle the island without allowing you to get off the boat.
There are a few different options for visiting Alcatraz. You can check out my Alcatraz Tours page to understand the differences between each one.
|| Early Bird
| Day Tour
|| Night Tour
|| Alcatraz &
The most popular tours are the Night and Early Bird Tours, so they tend to sell out first.
It's also possible to purchase a family ticket for $79. This is good for 2 Adults and 2 Children (ages 5-11), and offers a $5 savings.
Family tickets are not available online, in order to get one you need to purchase tickets over the phone or by going to the ticket booth at Pier 33.
How to buy tickets:
There are three ways to purchase tickets to visit Alcatraz.
- Over the phone @ 415.981.ROCK (415.981.7625)
(If you are an international caller dial +1 before the area code.)
- At the ticket booth at Pier 33. See map.
- Online at the Alcatraz Cruises website.
TIP! Purchasing tickets online allows you to skip the line at the Ticket Booth. You just go straight to the (long) line to board the ferry!
Map to Pier 33:
View Larger Map
Enjoy what you see? Here's some more pages for you to see:
return to San Francisco Attractions from Alcatraz Tickets
return to San Francisco Travel Guide homepage from Alcatraz Tickets